Pages

Monday, November 24, 2008

lately

*this post is for me. I need to record some things that have been happening lately, and some cute things the kids have said. If I don't write this down, I'll forget it ever happened. I do not expect anyone to read all of this, just scroll down to the italicized paragraph for a priceless Jack story.

Some tid-bits of what has been happening in our lives:

1. Kaitlin is playing basketball for the 1st time for her school's 4th grade team. Eric is the head coach. I am very excited about this because it will be good for them to have this in common. Some father -daughter bonding if you will.

2. Kaitlin got a lead in her school play. She is really excited about it. This will be a little test for her. She is a singer for sure, but she is going to quickly find out if acting is something she enjoys and wants to pursue as well. Some of her friends are actors in the local theatre and she has been bitten by the bug!

3. Jack has decided to turn into the sweetest little boy. He has been an absolute doll of late. Far cry from the little monster I once knew. Of course, even when he was a monster, I thought he was precious, but that is most definitely a mother's love in action. He has also adopted a very theatrical little persona. He is even sarcastic at times. He learns from is aunt C.C.

My favorite recent Jack moment was last week. Kaitlin has dance on Wednesday nights so we usually grab a pizza at a little Italian joint next door. We were eating dinner and Jack spilled something on himself (shocker) and Eric's little temper was ignited. He got frustrated with Jack and started rambling on about how he always spills everything. Jack took everything in that Eric said...... and after a long pause he said (with a very sarcastic little grin)....."Daddy, your pretty." We all 3 bust out laughing. I thought that was the work of a genius if you ask me. That comment was Jack's very manipulative way of letting Eric know that he was not listening to a word he was saying.

He's also very complimentary lately. Today we were driving to Nana's house to pick up Kaitlin and he asked me if he could go inside for just a little bit. I said no because Nana had to work and I was ready to get home. He would usually start whining and crying but he apparently has learned that it gets him nowhere, so he didn't. His sweet explanation as to why he should go inside and pay for a little was so heartfelt that I was sold. I said okay, and he started cheering. A few minutes went by and he said "mommy, you are very sweet to let me go play at Nana's. That is really (pronounced weewee) nice of you. I am so excited!" I was pleased with his joy, but mostly that he called me "sweet". I could just eat him he is so yummy!

One last thing about little man....his favorite show is John & Kate +8. He asks to watch it all the time. He told me he wished he could live with them. I told him I wouldn't mind living with them either! I learn a lot from Kate's parenting skills.

4. The economy is really bad, and we have been hit directly because Eric is a mortgage banker in an economy that is basically being blamed for the mortgage industries' predatory lending. But no matter how hard our financial state is right now, I feel eternally grateful that my family is healthy and my marriage is solid. I've been on the opposite end of the spectrum and I know from experience that money doesn't buy happiness. The year we had the most money ever was one of the worst years of my life. I now know that as long as I have faith, a happy marriage, and a healthy, happy family.....I have it all. I just wanted to write that down so I would never forget how I feel right now.

5. I am really happy. Life is good. It's stressful and busy, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Or maybe I am just on a week break from school. I don't know, who cares!

That's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment