Jack is swimming like a little fish now, thank goodness. Niether one of the kids wanted to swim at an early age, and I never forced it for several reasons. #1: I have so many others battles to pick, why pick that one when I am always at the pool with them? #2: Swim lessons are very expenssive, and neither kid would let me teach them, so their punishment for being stubborn is the embarrassment of having to wear floaties. I know, I know, all parents should get their children swim lessons by age 2 for safety reasons. But I always knew they would learn when they were ready, and until then.....they could stay in the shallow end or wear floaties in the deep end. Period. Regardless, it looks bad on Eric and I when our Kindergartener can't swim in the deep end....so I got a little pushy this summer. He's finally swimming, and he is so proud of himself he can't stand it. And I get to sit on the side of the pool while he yells my name (over and over) and shows me all of his new tricks. He looks pretty cute in those goggles too.

Way to go Jack! Suzy, I totally understand your feel on swim lessons. They are incredibly expensive!! Maddie has been taken lessons for a year now, just once a week and it has been a long and expensive process! Unfortunately there are too many individual pools here so we had to get my fearless child lessons. I wish I lived closer and I would have practiced with Jack free. I use to teach swim lessons for many years.
ReplyDeleteGlad Jack has found his new freedom and that he can now show you all that he has learned. The joys of growing up!
Yeah Jack! I totally agree let them do it all when there ready whats the rush on life??
ReplyDelete