Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Trick or Treat

Picnik collage
What a strange Halloween it was! Eric showed up on Saturday with an "interesting" little red riding costume for me to wear.....and super excited for us to dress up this year for Halloween. I admire his enthusiasm, but really? We (I) modified the costume (a lot), but I was less than thrilled about the whole thing. I find that the older I get, the less attention I want, and dressing up is just asking for attention. I'd rather put on a sheet with 2 wholes for eyes and call it a day.
Kaitlin ended up trick-or-treating with some friends last minute, so I got ONE good picture of her, and she wasn't even fully dressed in all her gear. Bummer. Jack wasn't feeling well and ended up barely making it down the street. Like I said, It was a strange Halloween. I like it when we all go trick or treating together with the Vaughns and eat my sister's yummy chilly and just hang as a family. That's my happy Halloween. What happened to the good ole' days?


pc2

On a positive note....LOVE MY MOMMAS! They stepped up this year and did all the Halloween crafty stuff that I am just not in to. My kids love it though....so I was really excited that our moms took care of business! Nana carved pumpkins with all five kids and MaMa made a Halloween house and turkey plates with my two. SWEET! I Loved that they got this time with their grandparents and made some fun memories.

300

Kaitlin's school hosted a Halloween dance. She was not thrilled about having to dress up in her costume when she wasn't 100% positive everyone else was dressing up, so she made her own semi-witch costume as a compromise. I wasn't thrilled that she cut my black shirt into shreds, but I pick my battles. In the end...she was happy and looked adorable. WIN WIN if you ask me! I love this tie of year so much. I love November. It's now time for me to turn 32, a few thanksgiving plays, some beautiful leaves, cool weather, and great football. Life is perfect. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment