Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Destin Florida: Chateau De Success

love DSC_1042

Thanks to Jennifer and Lyle, we had the luxury, and I mean luxury, to spend 7 days in Destin Beach heaven in the midst of a terrible economy and crazy events around the world. And we lived-it-UP. I felt so blessed all week. I love our family beach trips to Hilton Head, and this was just an added bonus. A new beach. A new and SWEET beach house. A bunch of fun new people. It was awesome. I read 2 books, relaxed on the beach, shopped a little bit at the crazy outlets, and chilled. The kids had a great time. Kaitlin got to bring Megan, her good friend, and that made the trip so much better for her. Kaitlin takes after you MaMa! She'd much rather be shopping and doing "stuff" than sitting on the beach with me. At least you have a partner! DSC_0991

Jack's favorite part of the trip was the hot tub on the roof. Not so much for Megan, who got a nasty hot tub rash on day 2. This amazing house has a heated pool, which saved us. The kids were able to swim a lot and not turn blue from the slight chill that stayed in the air all week.....the kind of chill that was perfect for all day beach reading/lounging....but not so perfect for swimming in the ocean. DSC_0974 DSC_1161

I have been on a feauxtography hiatus, so it was fun to break out the camera and play. I forgot how to use the darn thing! I had to re-teach myself a few things, and I realized how much I have missed it. DSC_1141 DSC_1127 DSC_1185 DSC_1582

DSC_1483 DSC_1472

I had a little fun playing with the sunsets and silouettes. Can you tell? DSC_1449 DSC_1271 DSC_1713 DSC_1687 DSC_1685 DSC_1645 DSC_1640 DSC_1806 DSC_1097 DSC_0959


Only 3 more months until Hilton Head! And yes, I am counting the days.

No comments:

Post a Comment