March was blessed. And really busy.
We stayed busy with work and gatherings, ate yummy food, spent quality time with people we love, saw friends and family we hadn't seen in ages, went to a long awaited wedding, visited the zoo, watched our girl win 3rd place in a song writing contest, sipped delicious vino on the back porch in some great weather, and watch the world fall to pieces..... all in one-big-scoop of 31 days. It's bitter sweet when life is really going well for you, but not well for others. I have a hard time soaking up the joy of a great season in life when people I love aren't in such a great season, or when the world is suffering so badly right before my eyes, and all I can do right now is a send money and pray. But that's something changing in me, and it excites to see what God does in the heart of the willing and able.
I got to chaperone Jack's field trip to the zoo, and that was one of the highlights of the month. I got to be a mom. It was so fun. I miss the days when my family was my main focus. I pray that I will see those days again real soon. The weather was perfect, and Jack was sweet as pie all day, and I got to hang with my girl Lindsey and her daughter Skylar for a bit. Fun Times.
Kaitlin won 3rd place in the State Reflections Contest for a song she wrote/sang/played on guitar. I need to post it on here but it takes hours to upload for some reason. I will post it to FB if I remember. It's good. We are proud of her. She's become very serious about this dream of hers. It makes me nervous as all get out that she might actually push herself to be a singer someday. I know she may be cut out for that kind of life, but I am not. Regardless, I have faith in her and in God, and I will leave it all up to Him, and her. My job is just to encourage and support, and her talent is a big reason I need to shift my focus from work to home. I don't want her dreams to be crushed by a lazy, busy mom. She just wrote a song that ROCKS. It's called I'm Gunna Be Somebody. She freaks me out. For now I just pretend she will grow out of this phase of being awesomely talented. The latter is too hard to wrap my head around. I am made for simplicity......and her dreams are far from simple. Help me Rhonda!
We got to witness Jessica and Chad get married, finally. It was the most beautiful wedding and celebratory reception I've seen a while. They are crazy in love, and it made for a sweet night. I had too much fun to be photographer lady, so I didn't get many pictures. But it was fun to celebrate with Eric's family and sleep in a hotel for the night!
Congrats to J and C!









No comments:
Post a Comment