My dear friend Angie and her husband Joe have been waiting 2 years for thier son. They finally met him last week after traveling 16 hours to Ethiopia and I had the privledge of meeting them at the airport today as they arrived from their loooooooong flight from BACK from Ethiopia. They were exhausted, but Silas smiled and smiled and made everyone fall in love with him in seconds. The entire area around them was surrounded with people in tears...watching two little blonde haired beautiful girls meet their adorable new brother. I cried, their family cried, strangers cried...it was an experience I'll never forget. What a journey Angie and Joe have been on waiting for their son and traveling across the world to pick him up. I enjoyed taking pictures but was relieved that they had hired a professional to record the experience. I was too emotional to handle the job on my own. Here are a few pictures I was able to upload and edit. There are many more, but my kids are still awake and it's a school night. I'll save the rest for Angie. I am SO happy that you finally have your son and I can't wait to spend some time with you all!!! Congratulations and thank you for allowing me to be a part of such a special day!!
one happy mommy...



No comments:
Post a Comment