Jack and his buddy Connor: 2 peas in a pod
It all started with an innocent game of MASH last night. Eric was playing with Jack while I worked on Kaitlin's cell project with her. I heard them in there talking about who Jack wanted to marry, what kind of car Jack was going to drive, and whether he would live in an partment or a mansion....didn't think much of it, except that it was really cute how interested Jack was in this very "tween" game. Now don't get me wrong, I saw a twinkle in Jack's eye as he told his daddy about Kaylee....a girl in his class. But that twinkle and smile did not prepare for me the conversation I had with Jack today.
Time/Location: Approx. 3:00, my classroom
Present: Me. Jack. Connor.
Jack: "Tell Connor about my game and how I'm going to marry Kaylee."
me: "Oh yeah....Jack and his daddy were...:"
Jack: (cut me off mid sentence) "Connor- me and my daddy were playing this game and I am going to marry Kaylee and live in an apartment and drive an SUV.
Connor: Awesome. What is an apartment?
Jack: Mom, what is an apartment?
me: It's a big building with little hotel-like houses in it.
Jack: How many bedrooms does it have?
me: Well, you can get up to 3 bedrooms in most places.
Jack: Good...because I also want to marry Isabella.
me: Jack you can't have two wives....you have to pick your favorite.
Jack: ah-ha! Yes you can. I will just buy a huge bed and put Kaylee on one side and Isabella on the other. We can each have a pillow......we'll have three pillows and a HUGE bed.
me: Jack! That is illegal. You can only have one wife! Who is your favorite of the two girls?
Jack: Kaylee. And I am going to kisss her . One the LIPS. (and they both burst into laughter)
me: Jack.....just promise you'll wait until you are 18 to kiss a girl.
Jack: Can I when I'm 15?
me: (stunned at the conversation I am having with my 5 year old in a SCHOOL) NO. You have to be 18 to kiss a girl.
Connor: Oh man! I'm gunna kiss a girl when I'm 16.
Jack: I can't wait to kiss Kaylee.
About an hour later I over heard Connor and Jack looking at a picture of Carsyn in my house and commenting on how hot she is. WHAT????HOT??? Yes. hot. 5 year olds.
I might be in trouble.

OH MY GOSH....THAT IS PRICELESS!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteoh.wow. jack has it all planned out, huh?!
ReplyDeleteHA! That made me laughed out loud :) You are big trouble if Jack is already thinking about this at 5 years old!
ReplyDelete