~The look on Kaitlin's face says it all~
Today was the last day of school....and what an emotional day it was! I cried no less than 5 times throughout the day. My class gave me a scrapbook with a page for each child in it. I cried the whole time I flipped through it. The pages were sent home with each student,and they put a lot of love into creating a page that made me feel special. I cried when my room moms cried as we all said goodbye at the end of the day. I cried when the graduation song was played on the intercom, and the 5th graders walked the halls in tears on their last day of elementary school. I cried when I saw Jack running up to me with all of his end of the year stuff.....telling me how he was going to be a first grader now. I cried when the limo arrived at school to pick up my grown daughter and her friends....because the look on her face was worth a few tears. I then went back to my room an cried by myself in my classroom. I sat in my desk, looked around the room, and couldn't swallow how fast my life was moving. Was it really the end of the year? Did I really just say goodbye to all of my sweet little students....my first Kindergarten class? Is my daughter really going to that huge school next door with all those vultures? Am I really finished with my 4th year of teaching? I was so tired. May is such a whirlwind. It doesn't stop. And there I sat....at the end of all this craziness. And I just cried. And then I went home a took a nap, and I woke up and befriended my vino. And Eric cooked a beautiful meal for us. And I felt so at ease...for the fist time in 10 months, I was relaxed.
~Thank you to Samantha for inviting Kaitlin along for the limo ride! What a fabulous way to end a fabulous year for these girls.

No comments:
Post a Comment