Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Twenty10:78

DSC_6102
Today was perfect. I vowed when I woke up this morning to the sun shining that I would not go inside all day unless I had to. And I kept my vow. We went inside for Jack's quick allergy treatment, and again to use the restroom, but that's it. We enjoyed the beautiful weather outside all day and it was wonderful.
DSC_6104
We went to both Camden and Layton's baseball games, and then headed straight for the park afterward. It was just Jack and I all day, because Kaitlin was with Jenna for her birthday party, so we got to spend some really great one on one time together. I learned a few new things about Jack today. I learned that he can pump himself on the swings, he wants a dog, and that he is lonely. He needs a brother bad. But since its too late for that, I am wishing, hoping, and praying for a neighbor for him to play with. I am so thankful for his new friends at school, and I am hoping he will be blessed with someone in our hood for him to hang with on the weekends. I love hanging out with him, but he explained to me that he needs boys to play with. All of the kids on our street are girls, like me. BOYS mommy. BOYS.
DSC_6095
(things are starting to turn GREEN....my favorite color)
But since he didn't have anyone to play with today, I was his playmate, and I loved every minute of it. We played hide-n-seek, army guys, chase, Jack's version of base tag (the one where he always wins), and we swung on the swings. We also got to pet some sweet little dogs, and Jack expressed to me how much he wants a dog. A little one.
DSC_6103
Throughout the day, he talked a lot about how big he is now that he is 6, and how he is going to swim under water this summer at the pool. He is feeling very grown up lately. He doesn't want me kissing him in public or treating him "like a baby". My heart hurts just thinking about it. I am not ready for him to be big.
DSC_6088
I loved this day. We ended up grilling on the deck and eating a delicious meal, right before watching New Moon. Eric and I are both not huge twilight junkies, but we've now seen both movies and liked both of them a lot. Now I am going to have to read the books. I have 3 books in line before them, so they will be my summer reads.
DSC_6081
Happy Birthday Jenna! Thanks for ruining my fruit!

2 comments: