Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Best.Birthday.Ever.

DSC_0729

I think it's safe to say that this was a memorable birthday for Jack. Thanks so much to our school secretary, Stacie, for ordering 5 inches of snow for Jack's birthday present! We were getting worried on Sunday night after watching the dopplar radar for 5 hours that we may not get enough to have a snow day. Little did we know......

DSC_0773

Mama- Jack loved his Bulldawg cake. He smiled all day. Snow, cake, turning 7, sledding all day down a giant hill with neighbors, no school.....what more could a boy ask for?

DSC_0776

He just can't believe all of it....it's just too much.

DSC_0770



DSC_0772

LOVE the way he covered his mouth in excitement in this shot.

DSC_0777



DSC_0781



DSC_0671

This photo cracks me up to no end. When we first went outside (at 9am), I asked the kids if I could get a few pictures all bundled up in cuteness, and they happily agreed (oddly). Then I get this....they just stood there next to each other like awkward mannequins.....no affection, no smiles, no hugs, nothing. Really guys? That's not what I had in mind. My laughter at their wierdness made them loosen up a bit and I got the cute picture at the bottom. But these two like to avoid affection for each other as often as possible. (sniff, sniff).

DSC_0790

I imagine that in this moment, Jack was thanking God for his birthday blessings.

DSC_0721

Leave it to the snow to bring these two kids together in harmony. They got along beautifully all day. I am pretty sure they (along with every other kid in the southeast) stayed out all day, going up and down this hill...again and again. After a while the whole street was outside and we gathered 6 sleds among all of our families! I am surprised we had this many living in Georgia.
This is the good stuff.

DSC_0736

I love the look on Jack's face, like he's such a dare devil.

DSC_0742

Don't think I didn't join in on the fun. I can't believe how fast those things go, and how much fun it is! We mastered the art of many layers and stayed warm all day. I sware by Ugg boots and ear muffs. The one time I didn't have my ear muffs I got cold quickly.
Poor Eric had to work most of the day. I felt bad for him. He watched all the fun from our office window. He did finally come out of his hole around 4 and didn't come in until 7.....just in time to watch Auburn beat Oregon.

DSC_0723



DSC_0727

At this point I think Kaitlin was over dragging Jack up the hill. Sweet girl.

DSC_0669


DSC_0697

DSC_0812

ahhhhhh.....warm toes.

DSC_0678



DSC_0686

Love this girl so much!

DSC_0719



DSC_0692

Bella spent most of the day outside with us racing us down the hill. She cried at the door every second that she was inside and drove Eric crazy. She loves the snow more than we do!

DSC_0818

And here she is....crying at the door....begging for us to let her out.

DSC_0667

This was a genious plan, but it didn't work. This kid needs some snow boots!

DSC_0822

DSC_0815


DSC_0803



DSC_0807



DSC_0672



DSC_0842



DSC_0834

Kaitlin tried to make a snow angel, but the snow was so crunchy it wouldn't move!

DSC_0833

Love my birthday boy! Can't believe my baby is 7!

DSC_0837



DSC_0831

2 comments:

  1. What great pics Suz! You can definitely say the kids (and you) had a blast :) Happy Birthday Jack! Looks like you had a wonderful 7th birthday :)

    Suzy, I swear you look precious in snow hats, etc. and you never age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pictures! those pics of Jack with his cake make my heart smile. I am so glad he loved it! He is such a doll. Jennifer is right, you look beautiful in snow gear....you should be a model for sportswear. :)
    And Kaitlin, what can I say about my beautiful Kaitlin....love her, love her!

    ReplyDelete