Well it's back to school tomorrow, and that means back to our normal routine. Jack needs to be in bed by 7:30 and Kaitlin by 8:oo, so the night time process starts early. The afternoons go like this....get home, have a little down time, homework, dinner, bath, bed. I wish it were as simple as it sounds. :) Jack's night time process it's quite similar to wrestling an alligator. He likes to talk his way out of it every night, and sometimes it works. We end up reading 3 books instead of one, or telling 2 stories instead of one, or spending an extra ten minutes in the bath....just to stall bedtime. He's smooth. He knows how to get an extra half hour out of it just by bring cute, talking my head off, and negotiating like a Wall Street stockbroker. One of my favorite times is getting him out of the bath and wrapping him up like a little burrito and cuddling up with him in towels and blankets after bath. I use to do this with Kaitlin when she was little. It's the best. He is so big, but still so little to me. I know this time is going to fly by so I just enjoy all of his little stall tactics and recognize that most days....it may be the only quality time I get with him. I'll take it. :) Love that little burrito boy. Miss my little burrito girl. She's so grown up.

I love reading this because it sounds sooo much like our night time routine with Nathan. Just when you think your ready to kill him, he does something super cute to win just a few more minutes. And after every book we read is "one more" from him.
ReplyDelete