
Today was great. We tried out a new church, and Jack loved it. We kind of went on a wierd day as far as the sermon goes, but got a great idea of what the church is all about. We are in a wierd place with church, and we just don't know where to go with our feelings. When it comes down to it, nobody delivers a message like Andy Stanley and Joel Osteen, so I've got to lower my expectations and focus on the kids. As long as the kids are happy, and we feel the church isn't corrupt or pushy, we will most likely stay. We are tired of church hopping and want to raise the kiddos in one place. Eric and I want different things from a church, so we've met in the middle and decided to look for something the kids love. I'd be happy listening to Andy and Joel in the comfort of my living room with my husband and my coffee, but we already do that, and it gives our kids nothing. I would "home church" but that takes away from the experience of growing up in a youth group and participating in outreach progams, which teaches the kids to serve the community. So were trying this one out for a while. We'll see. We weren't thrilled, but we came on a wierd day. I am looking forward to the Easter service.
Funny story worth remembering: Eric made this insane meal tonight. Grilled chicken, spinich, broccoli, grilled onions, YUM. The sun came out and we decided to eat on the porch. It was so nice to sit outside with the family and eat a good meal, even though neither one of our lovely children wanted to. Kaitlin noticed a cloud and started to freak. I made a smart elic comment about the chances of that one little cloud passing over our house and raining on our meal and told her to calm down and eat. I believe I may have use the phrase "drama queen". oops! About 5 minutes later, Eric and I heard this rush of water. We couldn't figure out where it was coming from but it sounded like a flood, and it came on so fast. Within seconds, it started HAILING on our house, and our fabulous meal. It was SUNNY outside, but hailing on our house. hmmmmmmm. We bolted inside and watched the remainder of our delicious food get washed away by this random monsoon. I could not help but burst into laughter. We all did. Thank goodness we were done eating! It lasted maybe one minute and was gone. Maybe I shouldn't have called Kaitlin out on that panic over a cloud. She was right, and I believe God has a lil' sense of humor! Next time I'll keep the name calling to myself.
lol that is too funny! That is good that you have compromised for the kids and growing up in youth group and such is a great thing! I remember church camps & such we had a BLAST! Anyways good luck with it all!
ReplyDelete